before iv sedation
Home Instructions Before Oral Surgery
Please follow these instructions to prepare for oral surgery with IV Sedation.
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (not even water) for eight (8) hours prior to your appointment.
- No smoking for at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany you (the patient) to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive your home.
- Please wear loose fitting, comfortable clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office in advance.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Hui, Dr. Rammo or Dr. Toor prior to your surgical date for instructions.
In preparation for IV sedation, you should be aware that after your appointment, you must not operate a motor vehicle, hazardous machinery or make important decisions for a minimum of 18 hours or longer if drowsiness or dizziness persists. In addition, you must not consume alcohol and/or other drugs with sedative properties for a minimum of 18 hours or longer if drowsiness or dizziness persists.